Modern Mogul was formed on the concept of bringing modern and ancient ideas together from technology to yoga and from innovation to intuition and intention. This is why after taking some of Rev. Jagadisha's classes I knew we had an aligned perspective and I invited him to talk with us on the podcast from his wealth of knowledge and experiential wisdom in yoga study and teaching for almost 2 decades.
In this episode we are talking about:
- How he felt called to be a yoga teacher and share the practice with his community and start a studio [6:22]
- How he defines yoga and why it matters in the yoga room and in the boardroom [22:35]
- How to apply yogic teachings and ancient practices to daily life [31:10]
- His thoughts on our social climate and how to approach sensitive and triggering conversations [43:50]
- Advice for developing yoga teachers from his experience [58:01]
Tune in here:
Rev. Jagadisha (ERYT-500) stumbled upon yoga practice in 1995 and began his daily practice in 2001 when he moved to Kripalu Yoga Center to immerse in yogic lifestyle and training for four months. Since becoming a certified teacher in 2002, he’s led over 11,000 hours of yoga instruction and continues to find inspiration in the beauty and grace of the yogic exercises and teachings. He loves the classic tradition and teaches from his living experiment, exploring the modern application of the ancient philosophies and continued refinement of healing, intelligent movement.
Beyond his yoga teaching credentials, he has a degree in philosophy from Rutgers University, was ordained by The New Seminary in 2011, received Kalachakra Initiation from HH the 14th Dalai Lama in 2011, and has had a chance to practice with many well-respected teachers from various traditions. He continues studying with his beloved teacher, Manorama, who is the founder of sanskritstudies.org.