Giving Women Control of their Skin Health with Well-Kept Beauty
From Fenty to Glossier and Birchbox the beauty industry has seen a lot of disruption in recent years. Today's special guest is Sheena Franklin who is leaping forward with a disruptive data-driven, and personalized machine learning beauty management application, Well-Kept Beauty. Her goal is to give us full control of our skincare and beauty routines so we know what is working for us and what is not!
In this episode we discuss:
- Sheena's background as a Government Relations Strategist in DC [6:50]
- Beauty policy trends and marketplace shifts causing industry disruption [9.50]
- How she developed and validated the Well-Kept Beauty app concept [20:20]
- The truth behind what it takes to build and take your prototype to market [24:50]
- Her marketing approach leading to the launch and how you can be an Ambassador [38:23]
- Sheena on leadership philosophy, failure, building a startup team and what fuels her faith [42:33]
Sheena spent the bulk of her professional career (17 years) as a government relations/political affairs strategist for Fortune 100 companies focused on managing brand reputation with policymakers and federal agencies in various industries including healthcare, cosmetics/personal care and retail. Over the last several years she has been involved in the startup and tech scene on and off Capitol Hill.
She is currently the Founder and CEO of Well-Kept Beauty, a data-driven and personalized mobile platform providing ingredient-conscious beauty shoppers with a way to monitor cosmetic ingredients. Well-Kept Beauty’s mission is to make managing skin health align with our healthy living and wellness lifestyle goals.
Mogul Accelerator Workshop
Arlan Hamilton Founder and CEO: http://backstagecapital.com